- A Job Safety Analysis (JSA), also known as a Job Hazard Analysis (JHA), is a technique that focuses on job tasks as a way to identify hazards before they occur. It focuses on the relationship between the worker, the task, the tools, and the work environment. After you identify uncontrolled hazards, you should take these four steps to eliminate or reduce them to an acceptable risk level.
- Select the job and review any existing documents.
- Identify and analyze the potential hazards.
- Determine preventative measures to minimize the risk of injury and/or risk of
exposure to hazards.
- Following abatements or correctives, the demands and hazards should be documented with the appropriate controls.
In search of professional help based on years of experience and expert knowledge? Contact Fit For Work today and see for yourself how we can deliver a more efficient, healthy, and productive workforce so you can get down to business!