The Physical Demands Analysis /
Job Safety Analysis
Host: Dr. James Rethaber & Forrest Richardson, CSP
This free webinar will discuss what measures can be taken to determine if the person you are considering hiring is physically capable of the essential functions of the job, and will also explain the overall worksite analysis used to help determine Protective Equipment Assessments required under 29 CFR 1910.132-140.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS ANALYSIS
- The components of a Physical Demands Analysis
- How the process is conducted, and real-world case studies/scenarios demonstrating the application/effectiveness of this process. For example, documented injury reduction of 80% and a return of $20+ dollars for every $1 spent on job-specific, post-offer testing.
JOB SAFETY ANALYSIS
- Understand the elements of an effective JSA
- How to identify and analyze hazards once found
- Proper selection and prioritization of jobs
- Effectively plan and implement a JSA program
- Improve effectiveness, interview skills and employee engagement
- Determine preventative measures required by OSHA and essential project planning requirements to improve their skills and effectiveness of the Job Safety Assessment project or program.
OSHA does not require a job safety analysis (JSA) or job hazard analysis (JHA) in the traditional sense of the terms. However, OSHA does view them as a best practice, and can be a part of the overall worksite analysis.